Bitsbox Classroom Box 5: Loops and Collisions
Teach loops and the hits commands with this coding concept box!
Each box includes 10 sets of 12 supercards (120 total cards!), 30 sheets of fun stickers, and a Teacher's Guide.
Perfect for classrooms, scout troops, homeschool groups, and after school programs! Classroom boxes build on each other over time, introducing more complicated coding projects and coding commands as you go. We recommend starting with Box 1: Coordinates.
The projects inside this bug-themed box provide practice using loops and the hits and wrap commands.
The Teacher’s Guide explains the use of loops and the Bitsbox hits and wrap commands. There’s also a glossary for each coding project detailing project complexity, coding concepts included, instructions on how to use the app, suggestions to alter the app, and a URL to see the app in action.
This box includes 10 copies of the following 12 supercards:
- 1 Cover card: An index of all the coding projects in the set
- 6 coding projects
- Flyswatter Fail: Tap to slap!
- Dig Dig Doug: Meet Doug, the ant that never tires.
- Carwash Time: Drive through a never-ending swarm of disgusting flies. Yuck.
- Creepy Crawly Coloring Book: Make your own digital doodling book.
- Bug Blaster: Squirting bugs is the best.
- Ladybug Launch: Fling hungry ladybugs. Collect coins. Repeat.
- 2 challenge apps: Challenge your kids to write their own apps! We provide descriptions and lots of hints.
- I'm Covered in Bees!: This beekeeper must be happy for his face mask!
- Mosquito Patrol: Did you know that a single dragonfly can eat hundreds of mosquitoes a day?
- 2 Tips and Tricks cards: Step-by-step examples that reinforce these concepts.
- How do I make something move around forever?
- How do I make something happen when one stamp hits another stamp?
- 1 Stamps and Fills card: Dozens of amazing insect graphics in print form for easy reference