Bitsbox Classroom Box 2: Variables and Movement Commands
Teach variables and movement commands with this coding concept box!
Each box includes 10 sets of 12 supercards (120 total cards!), 30 sheets of fun stickers, and a Teacher's Guide.
Perfect for classrooms, scout troops, homeschool groups, and after school programs! Classroom boxes build on each other over time, introducing more complicated coding projects and coding commands as you go. We recommend starting with Box 1: Coordinates and Basic Commands.
The projects inside this robot-themed box provide practice using variables and movement commands.
The Teacher’s Guide explains the use of variables and the Bitsbox move, rotate, and size commands. There’s also a glossary for each coding project detailing project complexity, coding concepts included, instructions on how to use the app, suggestions to alter the app, and a URL to see the app in action.
This box includes 10 copies of the following 12 supercards:
- 1 Cover card: An index of all the coding projects in the set
- 1 Getting started card: 3 mini apps to warm coders up
- 5 coding projects
- Bedbug Bedlam: Pop the never-ending bedbugs before they take over! Ugh.
- Mars Needs Milk: Tap tap tap to suck cows into your flying saucer!
- Castle Defender: Defend your castle from an evil robot
- Bernie the Artbot: Draw with Burnie's super hot laser!
- Bleep Bloop Chat: People running this app at the same time on different gadgets can send messages in real time!
- 2 challenge apps: Challenge your kids to write their own apps! We provide descriptions and lots of hints.
- Welcome to the Wormhole: Send millions of giant-headed robots into the next dimension!
- Draw with Droids: Haven't you always wanted to paint a masterpiece with tiny yellow bots?
- 2 Tips and Tricks cards: Step-by-step examples that reinforce the concepts.
- How do I make a stamp move?
- How do I make a stamp look like it's being sucked into a black hole?
- How do I make a stamp a random size and move it to a random position on the screen?
- 1 Stamps and Fills card: Dozens of robotastic graphics in print form for easy reference