Bitsbox Classroom Box 3: if/else logic and interactions
Teach if/else logic and basic screen interactions with this coding concept box! Each box includes 10 sets of 12 supercards (120 total cards!), 30 sheets of fun stickers, and a Teacher's Guide.
Perfect for classrooms, scout troops, homeschool groups, and after school programs! Classroom boxes build on each other over time, introducing more complicated coding projects and coding commands as you go. We recommend starting with Box 1: Coordinates and Basic Commands and Box 2: Variables and Movement Commands.
The projects inside this fairy tale-themed box provide practice using if/else logic and the tap and drag functions to create interactive apps.
The Teacher’s Guide explains the use of if/else logic and the Bitsbox tap and drag commands. There’s also a glossary for each coding project detailing project complexity, coding concepts included, instructions on how to use the app, suggestions to alter the app, and a URL to see the app in action.
This box includes 10 copies of the following 12 supercards:
- 1 Cover card: An index of all the coding projects in the set
- 6 coding projects
- Bling this Thing: Tap to add priceless jewels to anything!
- Frog Prince Donkey: Turn a frog into a prince. But watch out—tapping wrong gets you a donkey!
- What Does the Troll Say?: Whatever you want him to!
- Flight of the Dragon: Fly an awesome animated dragon! Touch the screen to make him turn! Watch as he leaves a path of fire!
- Bippity Boppity Boot: Wave your wand to turn a pumpkin into a cat filled boot!
- Cookiesnitch: Catch as many cookiesnitches as you can without catching a vampire bat!
- 2 challenge apps: Challenge your kids to write their own apps! We provide descriptions and lots of hints.
- 333 Little Pigs: What’s better than 3 little pigs?
- Flushioso Wandini: Wave your wand to make the gold appear!
- 2 Tips and Tricks cards: Step-by-step examples that reinforce the concepts.
- How do I change to a random fill every time I tap the screen?
- How do I make a rubber chicken follow my cursor when I drag?
- How do I make a stamp change depending on where it is?
- 1 Stamps and Fills card: Dozens of fantasy graphics in print form for easy reference